NCCP: Fundamental Movement Skills (Kelowna)
October 20 @ 9:00 am - 2:00 pm$70
Learn to improve the fundamental movement skills in participants through the National Coaching Certification Program Fundamental Movement Skills Workshop!
Through this interactive workshop, participants gain the ability to:
- Detect and correct basic errors for fundamental movement skills in participants so they have a choice to adopt a healthy, active lifestyle
- Apply a teaching process to promote the development of fundamental movement skills
- Adapt fundamental movement skills for participants with intellectual, physical, sensory or behavioural disabilities
- Lead activities that will promote the development of fundamental movement skills in a safe, responsible manner while interacting with others; and
- Provide stage-appropriate feedback to encourage and develop fundamental movement skills in participant
What will I learn?
The National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) Fundamental Movement Skills Workshop, provides a comprehensive introduction to the fundamental movement skills and the core-competencies of the NCCP, with the help of numerous hands-on activities. In developing and teaching a child, we break down simple skills into key components to help the child learn and understand. Given the opportunity to learn a wide range of physical skills, children acquire the basic building blocks for the competence, confidence and motivation to try many physical activities and sports.
What are the benefits?
Fundamental movement skills are very important to a child’s physical development. When confident and competent in these skills, children can develop sport-specific and complex movement skills. These skills allow children to enjoy sports and physical activities. Most importantly, with a firm grasp of the fundamental movement skills, a child may enjoy a long life of physical activity.
To register complete the form below:
Once registration is received you will receive an email with the payment instructions.