Through funding from the City of Kelowna and PacificSport Okanagan, the Community Sport Delivery Program (CSDP) has been created to support the staffing needs (i.e. Head Coach, Administrator) of Local Sport Organizations and assist in the delivery of local sport participation and performance initiatives. These paid positions will ensure the provision of a wide range of programs and services to athletes, coaches and volunteers from the grassroots to competitive levels that align with the Canadian Sport For Life (CS4L) Model (see Appendix A). Funds, totaling $70,000.00, will be dispersed to Local Sport Organizations through a two year funding cycle ($35,000.00 per year) starting spring 2015. The intent of these funds is to provide seed money for new staff positions in order to build capacity within the local sport system. The Community Sport Delivery Program will be administered by PacificSport Okanagan, on behalf of the Sport Kelowna Partnership
Selection of deserving local sport organizations will be based on the following criteria:
1. Applicants must be a local not-for-profit sport organization (charitable status not required) based and operating in Kelowna.
2. Applicants must be fully endorsed/supported by their provincial sport organization.
3. Grant funds must be at least equally matched (in cash) and are only to be used for the approved paid position within the sport organization.
4. Program funds must be used for new paid positions (not for existing paid positions).
5. Applicants must be able to demonstrate the organizational need and capacity to support the position.
6. Applicants must be able to lever the CSDP contribution with cash and/or in-kind support (above and beyond the matching component) to be directed towards the paid position.
7. Applicants must not be in a deficit financial situation or have an outstanding receivable with the City of Kelowna.
8. Priority will be given to: sports that participate in BC Games, Canada Games, Olympic and Paralympic Games; and, to sport organizations that have a plan to provide programs and services that align with the Canadian Sport for Life model and show evidence of a pathway from participation to performance.
Funding levels will adhere to the following guidelines:
► The maximum funding allocation to any one local sport organization will be $10,000.00 over the two year funding cycle ($5,000.00 per year).
► Grant funds must be at least equally matched (in cash) and are only to be used for the approved paid position within the sport organization.
► Approved local sport organizations will be eligible to receive the CSDP funds for a two year funding cycle upon completion of the contribution agreement and reporting requirements.
1. Applications will be reviewed by the Community Sport Delivery Program (CSDP) Review Team, with representation from the City of Kelowna, Tourism Kelowna and PacificSport Okanagan.
2. The CSDP Review Team will evaluate the applications, make shortlist recommendations, and notify the applicant within thirty (30) days of the review period.
3. Shortlisted applicants will be required to submit further information (sport development plan) before a final decision can be made.
4. The CSDP Review Team will review the sport development plans and make the final selection decision. The decisions of the CSDP Review Team will be final.
5. A PacificSport representative (CSDP liaison) will be assigned to work with the successful applicant in order to provide program accountability and support.
6. Successful applicants will be required to sign a contribution agreement that will clearly outline the terms and conditions of the CSDP grant.
7. Upon receipt of the signed contribution agreement, the CSDP grant funding for the year will be released. 8. Successful applicants will be required to complete a program report annually.
The Community Sport Delivery Program is made possible by the support of: City of Kelowna, Valley First, and PacificSport Okanagan