Physical Literacy resources for coaches, athletes, and parents
For more educational sources on Physical Literacy and Fundamental Movement Skills:
Sport for Life: https://sportforlife.ca/resources/#category_id_25
PHE Canada (Physical & Health Education Canada): http://www.phecanada.ca/activate/physical-literacy
Action Schools BC– free materials; planning guide for schools and teachers: http://www.actionschoolsbc.ca/
Resources on Active For Life website: MEGA document (PISE) http://activeforlife.com/wp/wp- content/uploads/2013/11/PISE_MEGA_Document-9.pdf
Sport for Life: Developing physical literacy; A Guide for Parents of Children ages 0 to 12: https://sportforlife.ca/portfolio-view/developing-physical-literacy-a-guide-for-parents-of-children-ages-0-to-12/
Appetite to Play online workshop (Thursday, August 20th from 6-8p.m.): https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/appetite-to-play-online-workshop-tickets-108902656778
Appetite to Play Physical Literacy E-Learning module: https://www.appetitetoplay.com/training/physical-literacy
For activities and games for kids:
Please note that games can be altered in order to satisfy COVID-19 restrictions with proper social distancing, and individual equipment sets.
– Activities for individual children or groups of children. Little to no equipment needed!
Sport for Life: https://sportforlife.ca/facing-covid-19-together/
– Video series “Physical Literacy at Home” supporting Guardians and Parents to teach/encourage Physical Literacy at home.
– Daily physical education activities that are fun and creative!
– Video series offering development of numerous skills!
– Healthy at Home series: offering “Move & Play” videos and other resources
Sport for Life: http://s3.arpaonline.ca/docs/nature-play_flash-cards_web.pdf
– Nature Play: Rediscovering play in natural spaces